- To prepare graduates to transfer to four-year colleges or universities for further study in health and exercise science and physical education.
- To prepare students with a strong knowledge specific to health and exercise science through successful completion of coursework related to this major.
- To prepare students with a broad base of education through the successful completion of a variety of general education courses.
- To provide students with an understanding of the various career opportunities and areas of specialization within the field of health and exercise science.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
At the end of the program, the graduate will be able to:
- Perform critical analysis in solving problems and analyzing information as it relates to health and exercise science.
- Explain and apply basic CPR and first aid techniques.
- Identify and discuss current health issues in the United States.
- Identify and explain basic components of physical physical fitness as they relate to teaching children.