- To provide students with a foundation in general education.
- To prepare students to enter the professional phase of the occupational therapy assistant program at Rutgers University in The School of Health Professions (SHP).
- To prepare students to function as competent OTA’s in the health care related practice settings.
- To prepare students for satisfactory performance on the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy exam for the OTA.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
At the end of this program the graduate will be able to:
- Communicate in both written and oral formats.
- Apply the scientific method of inquiry to analyze problems and draw conclusions from evidence data.
- Identify resources, obtain and critically evaluate information.
- Model ethical professional behaviors of a healthcare professional.