Educational Opportunity Fund (EOF)
The Educational Opportunity Fund provides financial assistance and support services (e.g. counseling, tutoring, and developmental course work) to students from educationally and economically disadvantaged backgrounds who attend institutions of higher education in the State of New Jersey.
The following services are available to EOF students:
- Academic Advisement
- Career Exploration
- Educational/ Goal Planning
- Financial Assistance
- Summer Program
- Free Tutoring Services
The EOF Program will admit students into the Program based on clearly defined criteria. Any student applying for admission in the EOF Program must meet the following requirements:
- Meet the established financial criteria and show evidence of historical poverty.
- Must not be in default on a student loan.
- Be a resident of New Jersey for at least a year.
- Be a full-time student at Camden County College
- Must exhibit evidence of motivation and potential to succeed in college, although academically under prepared.
- Must demonstrate the ability to benefit from the services provided by the EOF Program at Camden County College.
- First Time / Full Time students will be given first priority.
The EOF Application Process
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Obtain and complete an EOF Application (click to apply then fax or mail to the EOF Office)
- Download and print the verification form.
2017-18 Verification Worksheet
- Provide proof of income (IRS 1040 form, Social Security Benefits statement, Disability Benefits statement, Unemployment benefits statement, Public Assistance benefits – AFDC, Child Support) from the previous year for both parent and student.
All EOF applicants are required to submit the required IRS Income Tax Transcript documents for parents and students; if you and/or your parents filed income taxes. You can access information to request these documents here.
Educational Opportunity Fund Staff:
Paul Smalls, Director
(856) 227-7200, ext. 1226
Frances Pagan, Secretary,
Ellen Davis, Advisor,