Camden County Residents Win 6 Awards in State Senior Art Competition
Six winners of the 2012 Camden County senior art contest received recognition in the 46th annual New Jersey Senior Citizen Art Competition.
A total of 12 county winners were selected through the annual local competition run by the Camden County Cultural and Heritage Commission at Camden County College. These winning entries were then entered in the statewide event, where they were among the nearly 300 submissions made by senior citizens from 17 of the 21 counties statewide.
Winning at the county level and receiving the following recognition at the state level were:
● Sharon Paisner of Berlin, second place, watercolor category, Iris Effusion.
● Richard Montemurro of Runnemede, third place, computer imagery category, Searching for the Moon.
● Marcy Golub of Cherry Hill, honorable mention, oil category, Molly & Me.
● Carol Taylor-Filipponi of Mount Ephraim, honorable mention, drawing category, Bristlecone Pine.
● Joe Segal of Cherry Hill, honorable mention, sculpture category, Untitled.
● Rick Viola of Haddonfield, honorable mention, acrylic category, Footsteps in the Sand.
The other county winners whose works were entered in the state competition were Henry Cummings of Laurel Springs, craft category, Store Front; Linda Delangowski of Camden, pastel category, Monet’s Garden; Frank Droege of Voorhees, craft category, Garden Gnome; Mary Metrione of Haddonfield, photography category, Ah, Zinnia!; Nikki Rosen of Voorhees, pastel category, Farmhouse in Tuscany; and Sue Sanders of Runnemede, watercolor category, Afternoon Tea.
The Camden County Cultural and Heritage Commission at Camden County College’s next art show will be the 38th annual County of Camden Juried Competition and Exhibition, which will be at the Camden County College Regional Emergency Training Center from Jan. 18 to March 2. For instructions on how to enter or for other information, contact executive director Sandra Turner-Barnes at (856) 227-4071 or email@example.com.
Published: December 21, 2012