Five-Week Mini-Courses Cover Range of Intriguing Topics at CCC
Camden County College’s Center for Civic Leadership and Responsibility is offering five-week mini-courses on a variety of interesting pop culture and academic topics during the 2011-12 academic term. Each mini-course will add to the personal development of any community members interested in these topics and help certified New Jersey teachers earn required professional development hours.
Mini-courses scheduled to begin the week of Nov. 8 and run into December include:
● “FUN-damentals of Math,” which meets at 4 p.m. Mondays on the Blackwood Campus in Gloucester Township.
● “Sword and Sorcery! A History of Fantasy Literature from Beowulf to Middle Earth and Beyond,” which meets at 6:30 p.m. Mondays on the Blackwood Campus in Gloucester Township.
● “Success in the Diverse Classroom,” which meets at 7 p.m. Tuesdays on the Blackwood Campus in Gloucester Township.
● “Positive Classroom Management,” which meets at 6:30 p.m. Thursdays on the Blackwood Campus in Gloucester Township.
● “Contact! Worldwide Implications of 1492,” which meets at 9:30 a.m. Saturdays at the William G. Rohrer Center in Cherry Hill.
Additional mini-courses will be scheduled for the Spring 2012 semester.
Tuition is $25 per mini-course. Those who choose to pay $50 for a 2011-12 Center for Civic Leadership and Responsibility membership may take an unlimited number of mini-courses at no additional charge from now through June 30.
Teachers who participate will receive 15 hours of professional development per course. If they only attend individual class meetings of a course, they will earn three hours per attendance.
To register or for additional information, visit www.camdencc.edu/civiccenter; call (856) 227-7200, ext. 4333; or e-mail CCLRregistrations@camdencc.edu.
Published: October 03, 2011