Gateway to College General Information
- This is a scholarship program that pays for your tuition and books
- Earn your high school diploma
- Attend class in a supportive and educational environment
- Earn college credit toward your associate's degree or certificate while taking classes toward your high school diploma
In order to be accepted into the Camden Gateway to College program, you must:
- Be 16 to 20 years old
- Possess reading skills at an eighth grade level or higher
- Currently live within the Camden City School District
- Have the desire and determination to learn and to earn a high school diploma and a college degree
How to be Successful in This Program
As a Gateway to College student, you will have the unique opportunity to take Camden County College classes towards completing your high school diploma requirements while earning transferable college credits at the same time. There are certain expectations that Gateway staff and instructors will have of you while you are in the program. They include:
- Attending all of your classes. A Gateway to College Education at Camden County College has the potential to positively affect the rest of your life. We expect that you take this seriously by attending all of your classes.
- Coming to class on time, being prepared with class materials, completing all class and homework assignments, and asking for help when you need it. We are always here to help you succeed. Please remember that this program will take hard work and determination, but this opportunity will prepare you for your future
- Spending three to four hours a day working on homework outside of class time. We set high standards and are confident that you can meet them. Homework will be given on a daily basis.
- Following the code of conduct for students outlined in the Camden County College handbook. You will receive a program handbook that details guidelines for student behavior.
What You Can Expect
As a Gateway to College student, expect to be challenged, just as any high school or college student would be. Our philosophy as a program and as a staff is that all students have the ability to achieve academic success. Show that you are willing to focus and work hard, and you can expect that we will do everything we can to help you achieve success earning a high school diploma and a college degree or certificate.