Wrestling at CCC
Interested in joining our team?
Meet the Coaches
Gary Papa, Head Coach
BS York College of Pennsylvania
Coach Gary Papa will be entering his fourth year as the Head Coach of Camden County College’s Men’s Wrestling Team for the 2017-2018 season.
Last season, the Cougar’s qualified all ten starting wrestlers to the NJCAA National Tournament and came away with four All-Americans. The team finished in eleventh place nationally among all NJCAA colleges.
Some of Coach Papa’s accomplishments:
- 2 Conference Titles in 3 years
- 2017 Garden State Athletic Conference Coach of the Year, Region XIX Coach of the Year, and NJCAA Eastern District II Coach of the Year
- 2016 GSAC Coach of the Year
- 6 NJCAA All-Americans
- One National Champion
- With 440 victories, one of the winningest coaches in New Jersey Wrestling History
- 109 District Champions
- 48 Region Champions
- 8 NJSIAA State Champions
- In 25 years as a head coach, won 15 NJ Group State Championships
- Inducted into 8 athletic halls of fame
- Inducted into the National Wrestling Hall of Fame 2013
Camden County College competes at the Division III level of the National Junior College Athletic Association. CCC provides an excellent academic and athletic option for student athletes pursuing an Associate’s Degree while competing at a very high level NJCAA program.
Nick Papa, Associate Head Coach
BS TCNJ 2001
10 year first assistant wrestling coach at Camden Catholic HS under 3 different head coaches.
Coach Papa’s Teams Were:
- 10 time Olympic Conference Champions
- 10 Time South Jersey Group Champions
- 9 Time Group State Champions
- Coached 5 individual NJSIAA State Champions
John Chillem, Assistant coach
John wrestled 4 years at Camden Catholic High School and was captain in his senior year. During his 4 year career at Camden Catholic High School the team won 4 state titles. He wrestled 2 years at Gloucester County College and was Team Captain his Sophomore year. He was NJCAA National Qualifier in 2012, NCWA All-American and Academic All-American Honors in 2015. John earned a Bachelors in Psychology from Rutgers University and holds a Masters Degree in School Psychology from Rowan University
"I am excited to bring my winning attitude and passion for the sport of wrestling to Camden County College."
– John Chillem, Assistant Wrestling Coach, CCC